Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- Budapest to bring government to court - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Jun-06
- UPDATE - Govt submits tax bill to lawmakers (adds details) MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Jun-06
- Budapest mayor: City to file lawsuit over solidarity tax on Tuesday MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-06
- Govt submits tax laws to parlt MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-06
- Hungary Tourism Spending Surplus Reaches HUF 265 bln in Q1 BBJ - Online | 2023-Jun-06
- Hungary: Average foreign direct investment up 7.96% in last decade M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2023-Jun-06
- Hungary: Price of festival tickets to rise by up to 60% in 2023 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2023-Jun-06
- Kover meets S Korean counterpart MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-05
- Jobbik-Conservatives launches signature drive to demand 'decent' wages - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Jun-05
- Trkiye's annual inflation hits 17-month low in May Hungarian News Digest | 2023-Jun-06
- Voters against foreign campaign financing? - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Jun-05
- MTI news roundup MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-05
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (9,911,879,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,788,120,900)
- 3 MVM CEEnergy Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,587,963,000)
- 4 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 5 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,207,994,000)
- 6 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,131,458,274)
- 7 MVM Partner Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,093,695,000)
- 8 MAVIR Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,072,725,000)
- 9 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (959,706,000)
- 10 BorsodChem Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (906,734,249)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - A Breather After the Sprint - The Global EV Industry at a Glance EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-May-22Asia-Pacific Next-generation Diagnostics Outlook, 2023 Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23Asia-Pacific Defense Budget Analysis, 2023 Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23
Asia-Pacific (APAC) Medical Devices Industry Outlook 2023 Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2023 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2023-Apr-18Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2023 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2023-Apr-18
Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2023 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2023-Apr-18Hungary Information Technology Report Q2 2023 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2023-Apr-18Hungary Logistics & Freight Transport Report Q1 2023 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2023-Apr-18
Asia-Pacific Medical Imaging Equipment and Informatics Outlook, 2023 Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23Growth Opportunities for Commercial Vehicle On-demand Features Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23Latin American Automotive Aftermarket Growth Opportunities Frost & Sullivan - Country/Regional | 2023-May-23
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Hungary Matters 07/06/2023 Hungary Matters | 2023-Jun-06Russia: Rosatom CEO to discuss Paks-2 nuclear plant project in Hungary Thai EconomicNews Service | 2023-Jun-06Hungary: Hungarian Prime Minister, Rosatom CEO discuss Paks-2 NPP project - official Thai EconomicNews Service | 2023-Jun-06
Arad area earthquake felt in SE Hungary MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-06LMP to turn to supreme court over rejected referendum drive on battery plants MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-06Landmark Budapest Corvin dept store to re-open in August MTI Intraday News | 2023-Jun-06
Budapest to bring government to court - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Jun-06Landmark Budapest dept store to re-open after HUF 8bn renovation MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Jun-06ERSTE AG - Due to the dividend payment of the Richter Gedeon Nyrt. shares the Strike and Barrier of Erste Richter turbo warrants have been changed. BSE News | 2023-Jun-06
Continental Automotive Hungary marks production milestone MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Jun-06PM Orbán is more liked by Bulgarians and Slovakians than his own nation - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2023-Jun-06Forint firms on interbank forex market MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2023-Jun-06
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - A Breather After the Sprint - The Global EV Industry at a Glance 23 pages | 2023-May-22
EMIS Insights - Ukraine's Invasion - Impact on Global Financial Sector 18 pages | 2023-Jan-24
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 47 pages | 2022-Oct-28
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Oct-06
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungary’s Kontaset, Chinese partner to build HUF 1.2bn plant in HungaryHungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Value of Hungary’s M&As in 2017 soars 150% y/yThe value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali to take over ERGO’s insurance business in Hungary, SlovakiaGenerali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
Hungary mulls new tax on big retailersThe Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker