Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- Thousands in Kuching make last minute rush to apply for Sumbangan Tunai Rahmah Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-31
- Deputy minister: Additional amount requested for supplementary Budget worth RM60.17b, biggest in history Intellasia.Net News | 2023-Mar-31
- DBKL INVITES IDEAS, INPUT FOR BUDGET 2024 Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- KEDAH, PERAK SENT IN APPLICATIONS TO UPGRADE STADIUM PITCHES TO ZEON ZOYSIA GRASS - YEOH Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- SENATOR CALLS FOR ACT AMENDMENT TO EMPOWER DBP Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- DEWAN RAKYAT PASSES SUPPLEMENTARY SUPPLY BILL (2022) 2023 Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- MGA URGES GOVT TO CONSIDER GOLD INDUSTRY PLAYERS' SURVIVORSHIP BEFORE IMPOSING LUXURY TAX Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- FEDERAL GOVT DEBT COULD BE FULLY SETTLED IN 2053 -- MOF Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- GOVT SETS THREE-YEAR STRATEGY TO STUDY TAX MODEL FOR MORE ORGANISED TAXATION SYSTEM -- AHMAD MASLAN Bernama Newswires | 2023-Mar-31
- Ahmad Maslan: Additional amount requested for supplementary Budget RM60.17 bln biggest in history Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-30
- Current blanket subsidy scheme must be rationalised, says BNM governor The Malaysian Reserve | 2023-Mar-30
- SUPPLY BILL 2023 PRESENTED FOR SECOND READING IN DEWAN NEGARA ASEAN Tribune | 2023-Mar-30
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (53,511,100)
- 2 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 3 Petronas Lng Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (43,679,336)
- 4 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (43,033,000)
- 5 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (36,760,229)
- 6 Pgeo Group Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (28,803,344)
- 7 Batu Kawan Bhd (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (28,918,319)
- 8 Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (27,800,360)
- 9 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (25,939,194)
- 10 Ytl Corporation Berhad (Malaysia) (Utilities) - (26,168,079)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: BNM#8217; s 2H22 Financial Stability Review Highlights RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-30Malaysia Industry Research - Regional Oil & Gas: Expecting Deficit In 2H23; Still OVERWEIGHT RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-29Malaysia Industry Research - Technology: Awaiting Signs Of Bottoming Out RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-28
Malaysia Industry Research - Malayan Banking: Takeaways From GCFS Investor Day RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-27Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Continuing The Strong Momentum; Keep O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-22Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: Dialling Back RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-20
Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Strong Volumes But Disappointing 4Q Earnings RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-19Malaysia Industry Research - Integrated Oil & Gas: MYR300bn Capex Spending For 2023-2027 RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-14Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Mar-22
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Renewable Energy Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Mar-13Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Wet Weather Hampered Output In February RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-13Malaysia Industry Research - Transportation: A Year Of Slower Recovery RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Mar-10
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
DEFENCE MINISTER BARONESS GOLDIE REAFFIRMS UK COMMITMENT TO MALAYSIA PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-31Telekom Malaysia installs fibre optic network hub across Sabah, Sarawak Telecompaper News | 2023-Mar-31SEGI LAUNCHES APEL CENTRE, A FLEXIBLE ACADEMIC PATHWAY FOR WORKING ADULTS PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-31
Tune Protect, bolttech to jointly offer device protection services in Malaysia Telecompaper News | 2023-Mar-31SEGI: BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATIONS OF ENGINEERS PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-31DR. PRADEEP SETHI OF EUGENIX HAIR SCIENCES CHOSEN SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR AT THE PRESTIGIOUS 6TH WORLD FUE INSTITUTE 2023 WORKSHOP IN THAILAND PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-31
THE CHINA-MALAYSIA SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION SUMMIT AND PITCHING CRUSH GRAND FINALE CONCLUDED SUCCESSFULLY WITH FRUITFUL RESULTS! PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-312ND MALAYSIA-CHINA INTERVARSITY CHINESE DEBATE COMPETITION CONCLUDES SUCCESSFULLY, PROMOTING CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND ENHANCING UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN NATIONS PR Newswire - English | 2023-Mar-31Thousands in Kuching make last minute rush to apply for Sumbangan Tunai Rahmah Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-31
Contract medical staff: No timeline on proposed non-pensionable permanent scheme, says Lukanisman Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-31Lukanisman: Malaria situation in Ulu Baram under control Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-31Copper foil project 68.8 per cent completed Borneo Post Online | 2023-Mar-31
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2022-2023 58 pages | 2023-Mar-22
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Renewable Energy Sector Report 2023-2024 63 pages | 2023-Mar-13
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2023-2024 75 pages | 2023-Feb-20
EMIS Insights - Southeast Asia Oil and Gas Sector Report 2023-2024 49 pages | 2023-Feb-20
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy expected to perform better in Q2 2018Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Future about cutting middlemen – Pos Malaysia CEOCiting a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Malaysia to see greater capital inflow from Chinese investors in 2018Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE EXPECTED TO DRIVE GROWTH IN MALAYSIA’S NON-LIFE INSURANCE SECTORIncreasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker