Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- Amendment to Statistics Act to be tabled in Parliament in July 2024 Borneo Post Online | 2023-Sep-26
- GOVT STILL BEARS RM10.8 BILLION ELECTRICITY SUBSIDY - SIM Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-26
- NOT THE RIGHT TIME TO BRING BACK GST -- STEVEN SIM Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-26
- Vietnam: A rising star in the world: Malaysian newspaper Thai EconomicNews Service | 2023-Sep-24
- EARTH ALLIANCE SUPPORT MOVEMENT: BUDGET 2024 A CRUCIAL OPPORTUNITY TO COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-25
- Sim: Nearly 8,000 people provided feedback New Straits Times | 2023-Sep-25
- Midterm review with a difference The Malaysian Reserve | 2023-Sep-24
- BUDGET 2024 PORTAL RECEIVES 10,000 FEEDBACK RESPONSES - SIM Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-25
- PENANG GOVT LOOKING FORWARD TO NORTHERN REGION SFZ, SAYS CHOW Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-25
- 12MP targets achievable despite concerns over external factor The Malaysian Reserve | 2023-Sep-24
- HEADLINE INFLATION BETWEEN 2.7 PCT AND 3.2PCT IN 2023 -- AMBANK RESEARCH Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-25
- FINE LINE BETWEEN GREEN INITIATIVE, GREEN PROTECTIONISM -- MALAYSIA'S AMBASSADOR Bernama Newswires | 2023-Sep-25
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Petronas Trading Corporation Sendirian Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (122,630,398)
- 2 Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (54,107,000)
- 3 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (51,565,200)
- 4 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (48,609,000)
- 5 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 6 Petronas Lng Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (43,679,336)
- 7 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (37,078,667)
- 8 Pgeo Group Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (28,803,344)
- 9 Ytl Corporation Berhad (Malaysia) (Utilities) - (30,296,160)
- 10 Batu Kawan Bhd (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (28,918,319)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Infrastructure Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-25EMIS Insights - Malaysia Agribusiness Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-25EMIS Insights - Malaysia Oil and Gas Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-21
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Electric Power Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-21EMIS Insights - Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-21EMIS Insights - Malaysia Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-20
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-21EMIS Insights - Malaysia ICT Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Aug-31EMIS Insights - Malaysia Transportation Sector Report 2023-2024 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-Aug-30
Asia-Pacific - Footwear Retail, August 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-19Asia-Pacific - Renewable Energy, August 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-19Asia-Pacific - Construction Materials, August 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Sep-19
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Kenanga Today Kenanga Today | 2023-Sep-27How Malaysia's plan to develop its rare earths industry is raising economic hopes and environmental concerns too MediaCorp NewsAsia | 2023-Sep-27Malaysia - HLIB Breakfast Brief - September 27 , 2023 HLIB - Breakfast Brief | 2023-Sep-27
Daily Market Highlights JFApex Daily Mkt Highlights | 2023-Sep-27Morning Notes Affin - Morning Notes | 2023-Sep-27Malaysia Affin Hwang - Global News - September 27, 2023 Affin - Global News | 2023-Sep-27
Premier: Merging of cultures, beliefs, effort vital in pursuit of progress Borneo Post Online | 2023-Sep-27Court dismisses application for judicial review of ruling on controversial preacher case Borneo Post Online | 2023-Sep-27Free tertiary education blueprint being formulated, says Dr Annuar Borneo Post Online | 2023-Sep-27
KATSN: Provide annual grants for NGOs supporting special needs individuals Borneo Post Online | 2023-Sep-27Malaysia TA Securities - Daily Market Commentary 27 September 2023 TASec-MktCommentary | 2023-Sep-26Solarvest finalises GoodWe-equipped solar project in Malaysia SeeNews Renewables | 2023-Sep-26
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Infrastructure Sector Report 2023-2024 37 pages | 2023-Sep-25
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Agribusiness Sector Report 2023-2024 62 pages | 2023-Sep-25
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Oil and Gas Sector Report 2023-2024 40 pages | 2023-Sep-21
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Electric Power Sector Report 2023-2024 54 pages | 2023-Sep-21
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker